Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiropractic

Default Chiropractic

Hello there, has anyone had any success with using Chiropractic to help their Tourettes?

Andrea

Default Re: Chiropractic

Andrea,

There is no scientific evidence we know of to suggest chiropractic has a place in treating Tourette.

Andrea are you wondering if Chiropractics are helpful in treating injuries due to motor tics, etc?

My oldest has a very complex head tic and for almost three continuous years it never left him. We considered massage however his tic was so continuous we opted to not try it at this time since as quick as he would have been treated he would injure himself again... it would have been a waste of money.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

I use regular chiro treatments to help with the "damage" (? - there needs to be a better word, I just can't think of it right now). My neck/head tic causes stiffness and chiro provides a quick fix. I have done massage, but again, the quick fix seems to work better

My 8 yr old son AJ has a neck and head rolling tic and he also pops his shoulder in and out on the left side mostly. I have started taking him every 2 weeks to a half hour massage then I take him to the Chriopractor as needed. He says it makes him feel better and it doesn't hurt so much, so I believe in it for sure.

I love chiropractic.

Tics are about your body moving in ways it is not really supposed to. Chiropractic (when it's well done) is all about getting your body parts back where they belong. And a good chiro. will give you tools and exercises to protect your body from future damage. Mine always tells me to exercise - his point being that muscle mass decreases the chance a tic will injure you. Drat him and his new age silliness. :-) He also helps me reduce stress - which is good for reducing tics and therefore the injuries from them.
    Darin M. Bush, The Tourette Tiger, author of "Tiger Trails"
    http://www.facebook.com/tourettetiger

I have back problems, so i had to go to a chiropractor, but it never helped with my TS but it did help with the pain that the tics left me with. So it can be good for the pain with TS but thats about all, in my experiences atleast.

Jessica

My daughter has been going for cranio sacro massage therapy and in her case it is helping her a lot.

Hello Mellie,

In what way has craniosacro massage massage been helpful to your daughter?

Hello Mellie

My daughter age 21 has been referred by family doctor to an Osteopath for crainosacrial massage. I would be most interested in your thoughts on the treatment and how it has helped your daughter.