Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I have adult TS, does it affect my sexual drive in anyway? (more horny?)

Default I have adult TS, does it affect my sexual drive in anyway? (more horny?)

I'm a mid 20's guy with TS, but its not TOO bad. i can generally control it when others are around except when i'm alone/

anyway, i recently felt that i have to temptation to kind of "contract/tense" my groin/penis muscles or else it doesnt feel good. And when i do it it feels quite good, almost like "sexually" good. I do masterbate quite often, maybe once every 2-3 days. and i find that i'm masterbate abit more often lately..

is there any relationship between TS and sexual "horniness" ?

Default Re: I have adult TS, does it affect my sexual drive in anyway? (more horny?)

Not specifically, I don't think. Sounds like a tic that just happens to be in such a place that the relief from performing said tic goes a little beyond the TS norm.

I can't see TS on its own affecting sex drive, except in a negative way if you had certain ... disruptive tics. OCD symptoms that often co-incide with TS certainly could, though.
    Colin

Default Re: I have adult TS, does it affect my sexual drive in anyway? (more horny?)

We are not aware of a relationship between a person having Tourette Syndrome and their degree of libido.

OTOH some medications often prescribed to treat various aspects of Tourette may have an effect on libido in some people.

Compulsive masturbation may be an issue you may wish to discuss with your physician.

At what age were you diagnosed, and by whom?

Are you currently taking medications, and if so, which ones?

However, if you have comorbid ADHD or OCD, it is highly likely that those two together or alone can contribute to a "skewed" sense of sexual reality. Social cognition defiicits from EDF/ADHD can make things sexual seem normal which are not. OCD can definitely drive someone to act sexually in ways that, given a chance to analyze the thoughts, they might not otherwise act.
    Darin M. Bush, The Tourette Tiger, author of "Tiger Trails"
    http://www.facebook.com/tourettetiger