Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Had a good day!!!!!!

Thumbs up Had a good day!!!!!!

:Big Grin:
    I had a good day today. they are usually few and far apart.
    But again I have the advice from this site and the people here. The people on this site has to be the best thing that has happened to our family.
    My son's doctor has referred him to child development, the vice at his school is willing to do what ever he can to help, someone from TS chapters are going to give an in service to the staff, and the guidance counselor is going to test him. I didn't know what i could do , or how to go about doing it. Until i asked questions. i guess it's true you don't know unless you ask. So thanks again for helping us. I know things take time but at least I know now it is going to happen.

newfie_mom

Default Re: Had a good day!!!!!!

This is so good to hear, Newfie Mom! Do you know if the in service presentation will be given by Janet from our Forum? She may comment when she checks in.

Of course we will be eager to hear about the progress that's made, so please keep us posted.

What are ya at NewfieMom?

I contacted the school and offered my services and the principal was very accommodating. She has invited me to take part in the staff's personal development day in May... I will be with her team for a full hour and this will only do great things for the school as well as your son's experience there. I am glad you are making this a regular place to visit. There will be more good days than bad... so take it one day at a time and remember in this venue our philosophy is "any question, any time" and someone will be here for you.
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Wow! Thanks for sharing your good day with us, Newfie Mom! Now my day is good too (which is good because it ends in 10 minutes!). So often we forget to share the successes which help us encourage one another. So, thanks! I'm glad you're getting the help you need all round and that you've connected with Janet, who's sure to be a great in-service presenter (where do you get the energy, Janet?!).

Perhaps we should start a thread with successes as its theme!

Here's mine: I felt good today when my husband told me my sister-in-law noticed that, at our recent family reunion (for my mother-in-law's funeral that involved 16 family members living together peacefully for 5 days), our son was the only one of the teen/young adult males to consider that other people also needed to eat! He made sure that he left food for others and was also considerate when taking showers that he kept it quick and left hot water for others. None of these behaviours have been observed at home so I was glad she thought to mention them! Somehow our parenting has gotten through! Who knew?! He was a model of civility the entire week!

Great News!

Thanks for the update and I am glad for you. It sounds like the ball is rolling so keep pushing forward to find more direction.
    PJK