Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ThinkKids website launched

Default ThinkKids website launched

The Collaborative Problem Solving Centre has launched a new website called Think:Kids. This is a good starting point for any parent who is dealing with a challenging child who has behaviour problems and/or who rages.

This website has information on the Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) model that was first introduced by Dr. Ross Greene in his book The Explosive Child.

The website gives an overview of the CPS model. It has sections for Parents, Educators, Pediatricians, & Systems and Facilities.

The site has a combination of videos and text.

This site is really worth a look. The thing I liked most is there is a list called "Pathways Inventory" that lists all the symptoms of inflexible children. The authors contend that many challenging kids lack the skills they need for flexibility, frustration tolerance, and problem solving (and other things). If your child lacks the skills required for handling life’s social, emotional, and behavioral challenges you are going to see some of the behaviours included in this list.

The authors also address why reward and punishment programs don't work for challenging kids -- they basically lack the skills to be able to learn through a reward and punishment system.

The site also has the basics of the CPS approach. There is some really useful information that can help if you are dealing with a child who gets easily frustrated -- including kids who rage.

You can find the website at www.thinkkids.org.
    Cathy
    Forum Moderator
    TSFC Homepage

Default Re: ThinkKids website launched

Cool!!! Thanks Cathy... I am going to check that site out. I am also reading the Explosive Child right now so I will be able to relate to what they are saying. Thanks again for the info.
    CRYSTAL

Thanks Cathy!

Thanks Cathy. This is a great resource
    Janet, mom of 4

TSFC Homepage

"Intelligence is always increasing; accommodation allows your intelligence to do what it has always done." Cassie Green, Washington College

Hello.
    I just joined the forum, and I am so glad to be a part of such wonderful and amazing people. The informations are so useful and helpful.
    Thank you.

Thank You RC!

We're glad you have joined us and hope you'll make the Forum a regular part of your online activites.

Feel free to join in any of teh ongoing discussions, or start some of your own