Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: a few new tics.

Default a few new tics.

I'm not sure if this would be a tic but smiling...randomly sometimes inappropriate or unneeded times like i went down to the basement to bring my sister and her boyfriend food and for no reason i had a huge grin... <-like that, sadly without the cool hat ... and they weren't doing anything and i don't have a crush on either of them haha

another one i noticed i was doing is shaking my head, like nodding no but faster, more times and usually with a little shoulder shrug

also kind of tensing i guess my jaw and neck from time to time even if it begins to hurt

and chewing, sucking, biting down, or sliding my teeth across my bottom lip

and i'm also not sure if this would be a tic, but looking up or away from something i,
    1-should be looking at
    2- i [really] want to look at(often bugs me a lot after that i didn't look)
    3- eye contact i think...well not completely it just feels rude like i'm staring even if they're talking to me it also bugs me because they think i'm not listening though i do lose focus a lot so i can see why haha

does anyone else have any tics like these?
    Last edited by mjpm; August 6, 2007 at 11:40 PM.

Default Re: a few new tics.

My son does both the head shaking tic and the looking the wrong way tic. I would say the others do sound like tics, but my favourite is the big grin - that gave me a laugh!

yeah... i thought that one was weird too, but i've only done it a few times so maybe i was thinking of something funny because i havent done it in a while...haha... thats why its bad to post late at night

Could it be a nervous grin? I have a nervous grin and will grin at people sometimes when I'm walking down the street when we glace at each other. I don't know why I'm doing it, it's really annoying. If I keep my head down before we've glanced at each other I sometimes still end up grinning because I can feel them looking at me and can't stop it until I've passed them.

I also turn away a lot when talking to people. I think it's because I'm suppressing my tics so end up feeling a bit one edge and can't keep still, I fidget a lot too. I don't like making eye contact either so will look up and down when we make eye contact.

I have a head turning tic as well where I have to turn my head to the right. Before I knew this was a tic I'd just turn my head around and make it look like I'm concentrating on something behind me, like a poster on the class wall or whatever.

The things you said about shrugging you sholders, nodding you head and tensing your jaw and neck sound like tics.
    Last edited by Bluestone; August 8, 2007 at 12:32 PM.

hmm i could be, also its not as big as a thought it was, just a normal happy smile for no reason but it feels so weird like i've been doing it for hours even if its just a few seconds i guess i could be stressing(right word?) my jaw or something along with the smile or just look like a smile, kind of like when i had this hand tic and people though i was a big star trek fan

I do something that looks like a smile, but it isn't. I'm actually just opening my mouth wide, exposing my teeth to stretch my jaw. I don't do it too often, only when I want to relieve stress. It looks weird tho when I see it in the mirror, and I've seen pictures of me doing when my friends take some group pictures with me in it. I look hideous.. lol