Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ts books for kids.

Default Ts books for kids.

My son Chase is going into Grade 3 and his teacher would like to tell the class about TS. What are some good books about it that would be for that grade level? I already have the "Hi, I'm Adam book".
    CRYSTAL

Default Re: Ts books for kids.

What about a video? Tourette is Powerful is for this age group. It can be purchased through the TSFC.

https://www.tng-secure.com/shoppingc...rette-members/

A video sounds like a great idea!!! I will see what the teacher wants to do. Thanks Patti!!!
    CRYSTAL

Good morning Crystal
    I am in the same boat! My 8 year old son is starting grade 3. Dawson was officially diagnosed just this month, but we have known for months. By the end of grade 2 his school friends were beginning to ask him why he "kept doing that?" now that we officially know, we are making plans to talk to his class. We have ordered the video that Patti suggested. Also on the TSA (the US) website they have a video clip of a young girl with TS doing a presentation to her class, as part of a youth ambassador program. This gave us a few good ideas on how to do it. Dawson also loves those wrist bands. So we have ordered one for each of his friends. Dawson is looking forward to seeing his friends again. But of course with the expectation and stress of the pending school year, it is getting a little crazy around here. I read in a different part of the forum that you have started Chase on meds. I will be very interested in hearing how he does on them. We keep tossing up the idea, but have not tried them yet.

All the best
    Rhonda

HI Rhonda!!!

We kinda fought with the idea of MEDS for a while. At first we did different things like talking to a Mental Health worker and Chase sees an occupational Therapist and Speech Pathologist at school. I think I am going to order that video. Thanks!!!
    CRYSTAL