Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: tonsil and adnoid removal?

Default tonsil and adnoid removal?

My son Chase who has TS+ is going to get his tonsils and adnoids removed on Tuesday in Edmonton. I was just wondering if any others out there had this done or their kids have this done. Did it help? I am hoping CHase's quality of sleep will improve. The ENT dr said this might help with tics and anxiety.
    CRYSTAL

Default Re: tonsil and adnoid removal?

I have heard that after kids that are "high energy" have thier tonsils out, they are much more calm. How did things work out for your son?

He can now breathe out his nose which he never could do. We found that out when he was referred to an ENT (Ear Throat dr). His voice isn't as nasally.
    CRYSTAL

We recently had Liam in to see an allergist, and discovered that his snoring (since he was 6 months old!) was because the inside of his nose was all inflamed. We have had him on Nasonex for almost a year, twice a day, and now he breathes so quiet I have to touch him to make sure he is still breathing. I hope this continues when we stop with the nasal spray.

My son9 who has TS plus) had his adnoids removed when he was 3. I had to ask for them to do it but felt that it would decrease the ear infections and hearing loss which wasn't helping with his language delay. Once he had them removed, he slpet better and hasn't had an ear or throat infection since.

my son was on nasonex too but it just gave him nose bleeds and didn't help, that's when they did a scope on him and found out that they needed to be removed.

My other son has ear infections. He just had one that didn't clear up so they gave him another does of anti-biotics. I am going to take him in and make sure everything is clear. If not I am hoping to get a referral to an Ear Nose & Throat dr for him.
    CRYSTAL