Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New guy here.

Default New guy here.

Howdy everyone, my name's Dustin, and I have undiagnosed TS and maybe ADD. I'm a computer science major at an engineering school in West Virginia, though I'm currently trying to get the money to go back.

I don't really have the experience the rest of you have had with it, as my case seems to be really weird: it didn't manifest until I was about 16 or 17 years old. I'm almost 20 now. I'm pretty sure it's TS, as I've read a lot of experiences from different people, as well as info from some TS-related websites, and my symptoms seem to fit exactly: the premonitory urges and vocal and motor tics, and sometimes my tics are triggered by outside events, such as really loud sounds or the sound of Styrofoam squeaking against itself (I hate that sound.) I also believe I may have ADD as I have a lot of difficulty concentrating when trying to study, do homework, and the like; my mind invariably drifts to more interesting topics and I end up getting off-track and I can't get refocused. I've been that way since middle school.

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for setting up a community likes this.

Default Re: New guy here.

Hi Dustin.

Welcome to the forum. I have found this site to be very helpful to me on many occasions. Its always nice to know that you are not alone. There are lots of us out there. :-) Have you considered going to see a doctor about your tics and ADD?

All the best....Kirsten

I would, but I don't have health insurance anymore, and I can't afford a doctor's visit out-of-pocket. :| When I have more money I definitely will, though.

Welcome Dustin!

I am glad you are finding the forum helpful. There is a great search function where you can access information specific to your needs quickly.

Let us now if you need any help navigating the forum.