Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Jerk, California

Default Jerk, California

Anyone here read the new book "Jerk, California" by Jonathan Friesen. It is fiction but the main character has TS. It is actually a really good novel. Great for teenagers and adults.

Default Re: Jerk, California

Thanks codethree. I will look into getting a copy.

Jenny

Here is the summary from Amazon.

Twitch, Jerk, Freak—Sam Carrier has been called them all. Because of his Tourette’s syndrome, Sam is in near constant motion with tics and twitches and verbal outbursts. So, of course, high school is nothing but torment. Forget friends; forget even hoping that beautiful, perfect Naomi will look his way. And home isn’t much better with his domineering stepfather reminding him that the only person who was more useless than Sam was his dead father, Jack. But then an unexpected turn of events unearths the truth about his father. And suddenly Sam doesn’t know who he is, or even where he’ll go next. What he does know is that the only girl in the world who can make him happy and nervous at the same time is everywhere he turns . . . and he’d give anything just to be still.

About the Author
    Jerk, California is Jonathan Friesen’s first novel. A fourteen-year public school teacher and writing instructor at the University of Minnesota, Jonathan shares his passion for writing with children of all ages—including three of his own, whom he home schools. Visit www.jonathanfriesen.com. He lives in Mora, Minnesota.
    The author also has TS and is on the board of TSA of Minnesota.

Thanks codethree!

Sounds like a great read. I will have to pick up a copy for my son.