Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Here! TS + Other Disabilities

Smile New Here! TS + Other Disabilities

Hi, I'm new here, but not new with tourettes, I'm 19 and I live in Ontario, Canada, I have had tourettes since I was 13, so quite a few years, (for me anyways) my tics seem to be acting weird the last year or two, I'll rarely have any for almost 2 months, (vocal tics that is) I still have motor tics that you can somewhat notice, and then out of nowhere my vocal tics will get really severe and can last up to 4-5 hrs, (non-stop noises)

I'm currently on Haldol 1.25 mg) for my tourettes, I tried Respiridol (I can't spell it exactly, but I hope you know what I'm talking about) and it greatly increased my tics, so that's when I started Haldol and it seems to work pretty well, (I've been on it for 5 years) along with my tourettes,

I have OCD, ADHD, (I think) a learning disability and a pretty bad anxiety disorder, I'm on Apo-Sertraline (75 mg) for that, it seems to be helping somewhat, but I still get panic attacks a lot, anyways, it's weird for me, 'cause I'm in the stage between a teenager and an adult, so it's taking me even more time to getting used to,.. anyways, I'm very happy to be on this site, and I look forward to talking to you all!

Mike,

P.S. would I go to teens section, or adults, ('cause I'm kinda inbetween)
    to chat with people on the forums,..

Default Re: New Here! TS + Other Disabilities

Hello Mike, and ..to the Forum.

You may know that Tourette tends to wax and wain over the course of a year, so it's not unusual to experience more tic activity from time to time during various times.

We also know that stress can increase (exacerbate) tic activity, as it is though people with Tourette have a higher baseline stress threshold than the general population.

Presumably the Haldol was prescribed for tic suppression while the sertraline (Zoloft brand name) was prescribed for your OCD and anxiety disorder.

What kind of help, information or support are you looking for at this time, Mike?

Default Re: New Here! TS + Other Disabilities

Welcome aboard, Captain Jim.

(Wikipedia *usually* has the spelling correct...)
    Darin M. Bush, The Tourette Tiger, author of "Tiger Trails"
    http://www.facebook.com/tourettetiger