Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kicked out of a concert for exhibiting neck tics and stumbling

Default Kicked out of a concert for exhibiting neck tics and stumbling

Hey everybody.

Yesterday something happened to me that I thought would never happen to me in a million years. I was kicked out of the John Labatt Centre for my symptoms under suspicion of being drunk. They said i smelled like beer and pot and everything, but I was in a moshpit for 3 hours and they can't really enforce what happens in there 100%

I had hurt myself, fell flat on my face while crowd surfing. I stumble out into the hall and ask a bouncer for water. (all the time ticcing my neck and becoming dizzy because of it) and he let me into the Cambria for a glass of water. I Said i need to sit down, and then get some air and he was really cool about it and let me out. Until i got back in and I was 'ganged up on' and told to leave because I had had too much to drink in their eyes. meanwhile There I am trying to explain to them that I can't help how I do certain movements, and that they make it very difficult for me to walk, and sometimes even speak without studdering or slurring words.

so they kick me out not to let me back in. I go to their complaint box area, he lets me in, I try talking to him about it, he says "come back Tomorrow" I tell him "I can't, I live two hours away and Calling back would be less Effective. Can I please speak to your supperior so I can lay the smack down on the situation" he took that as an offensive threat and kicked me out.

I don't know what to do. like I thought people were more understanding. Is there any way I can get something like a medical alert bracelet (even though its not an alert) or a TS card or something just to prove myself? I'm very frustrated.

Default Re: Kicked out of a concert for exhibiting neck tics and stumbling

Aidan,

Sorry to hear about your experience and it can likely be attributed to a lack of understanding on someone's part of identifying Tourette symptoms.

Please PM me your contact information. I've been in touch with the management of the Labatt Center and we will try to work something out.

They are sympathetic to your situation and will try to help.

did you get all my info in a messege, steve?

I've received your PM's and have sent you a reply, Aidan.

Admissions apologized for the situation and said what they did was not only wrong but completely against protocol. i have been given free tickets to whatever event I would like. thank you so much. Thats more than I expected from them. but now more can be done for innocent victums there.

Very glad to hear it, Aidan. Sometimes mistakes are made by people who may not be fully aware of certain conditions or disorders, so by diplomatically bringing these issues to the attention of those in charge often brings positive results.

Thank you for your cooperation, Aidan and to the folks at the John Labatt Center and for bringing this to successful conclusion!