Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Medical Alert Card?

Default Medical Alert Card?

I know these exist for things like Diabetes, etc. but Can I have one for TS, just for proof that I have this disorder when people like a security guard, teacher, employer, or Police officer are in doubt of me? I am currently ordering a medical alert bracelet, but because everybody can get one, I feel i may need a card. Is this possible? does anybody have one?

Default Re: Medical Alert Card?

I don't know if Medic Alert can provide the kind of ID and service you're looking for, but it might be a place to start looking.

We recently took a trip to VA from GA via airplane. I brought along my sons diagnosis sheet from the Dr.s just incase they started to do a pat down and my son was freaking out. We thankfully breezed through security (mommy pack light and checked all baggage He did beautifully on the plane and got to sit by the window on the way up and the way back. He did better than I did. My hands were sweating and I couldn't stop running the thoughts in my head. But my son didn't pick up on this and I could hide what I was thinking. When I was young I loved to fly but after I had my son and 911 I panic. It might be my ocd getting worse who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Geneva View Post
    We recently took a trip to VA from GA via airplane. I brought along my sons diagnosis sheet from the Dr.s just incase they started to do a pat down and my son was freaking out. We thankfully breezed through security (mommy pack light and checked all baggage He did beautifully on the plane and got to sit by the window on the way up and the way back. He did better than I did. My hands were sweating and I couldn't stop running the thoughts in my head. But my son didn't pick up on this and I could hide what I was thinking. When I was young I loved to fly but after I had my son and 911 I panic. It might be my ocd getting worse who knows.
    I know what you mean. Im worried about travelling in rail and air terminals just incase I do something stupid. my mother is still partially in denial of my symptoms, and i think thats part of it. so I shall take your advice about a drs note.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidanxfriesen View Post
    I know these exist for things like Diabetes, etc. but Can I have one for TS, just for proof that I have this disorder when people like a security guard, teacher, employer, or Police officer are in doubt of me? I am currently ordering a medical alert bracelet, but because everybody can get one, I feel i may need a card. Is this possible? does anybody have one?
    Hi There,

I got my son a medicalert necklace with a charm that had Tourette syndrome and ADHD on it. He does not have a card though.

Patti

Mine just says Tourette Syndrome, Alcohol not advized due to medication, just because ive been mistaken for a drunk when i tic.