Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi everyone

Default Hi everyone

i just wanted to greet you all and say thanks in advance for any information that I might receive to help cope TS.
    i have had it all my life and was diagnosed 15 years ago. i will be happy to share my experiences with others so that i might help as well.

thanks,

Tictok

Default Re: Hi everyone

Welcome to the Forum, Tictok!

Thanks for joining us and we'll be looking forward to your participation and insights.

It sounds like you may have been diagnosed later in life, rather than as a child. Has Tourette adversely affected any part of your quality of life.

Have you ever needed medications to help deal with symptoms?

Hi Steve,

Yes I was diagnosed later in life but I know that I have always had TS. I have had motor and vocals tics since I was a child. My quality of life has been affected due to this. I have endured both physical and psychological pain as a result. Currently, I am on a waiting list to see a surgeon due to vertebrae damage in my neck from repetitive neck and facial tics. I am taking Clonodine 0.1 mg twice daily. as well as Celexa for anxiety. i would like to know what methods and medications have helped others cope with this disease?

Welcome to the TSFC Forum, Tictok.

Currently, I am on a waiting list to see a surgeon due to vertebrae damage in my neck from repetitive neck and facial tics
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Are you seeing a doctor with expertise in treating people with Tourette to manage your medications?

helped others cope with this disease?
    Tourette syndrome is better described as a disorder rather than a disease. A disease might be contagious and usually has a cure, whereas a neurological disorder such as Tourette Syndrome is the result of a genetic birth disorder in brain wiring, and to date has no cure, only strategies to sometimes control (some) symptoms.

How has your Tourette affected your ability to earn a living or deal with your family and friends, if at all?

Dear Tictok,
    Best wishes with the surgeon. Thinking of you and wishing you well. Be strong like you are.
    Jane

Thanks Jane. Actually, I have been waiting to see the surgeon for 3 years now. I am on a waiting list.
    Can anyone tell me if they have had any reasonable success in tic control through medication or otherwise?