Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Magnesium and B-Complex Supplements.

Default Magnesium and B-Complex Supplements.

Hello, new to this forum.

My daughter is 11 years old and has had tics on and off since she was about 7 years old. The tics took quite a long hiatus in 2011. With very little activity. Before that there were some moderate tics.

This past March she caught a bad cold with bronchitis. Very bad cough. Well, the cold went away, but the cough remained. And it was so bad that she would cough loudly about 2 times per minute. All day. We finally concluded that it wasn't a long lasting infection/cold/virus. But that she had developed a habit cough/tic from her cold.

I mean it was very disruptive to all around her. Us, at school etc... Finally I just told her to try to take a deep breath every time she felt the need to cough.

Well guess what, that was a mistake because then she developed a new tic that had her taking a really deep breath/sigh.

So, my wife and I am at our wits end here. So, I finally looked up on the internet on some possible homeopathic remedies.

My plan of attack was to first try for a month to give her magnesium and B-complex vitamins every morning. And if that didn't do it. Add the tic tamer homeopathic drops to the regimine. I didn't want to try too much at once. Because, I wanted to see both of those affects seperately. I bought both the supplements and the tic tamer.

Well she has been taking the Magnesium and B-complex supplements since this past thursday 5/10. And, believe it or not, they are working well. Her cough frequency has been reduced to almost no cough at all. And the breathing/sigh tic is almost gone as well.

I really am totally shocked this strategy worked. For now the tic tamer will have to sit on the shelf for another day. I am really being cautiously optimistic for now. Because I really cannot believe such a simple solution would work for a supposedly complex health issue.

Just thought I would share.

Default Re: Magnesium and B-Complex Supplements.

Hi,

This is interesting. I always find that taking a dose of magnesium at night helps my muscles relax a bit. This seems to have a biofeedback kind of mechanism. When the muscles relax a bit, the tics slow down, too. They don't away entirely, but there is a calming sensation for an hour or so.

Can you tell me how much magnesium you give your daughter each day?

And what dose of b-complex vitamins? I always find that b vitamins upset my stomach a bit, but maybe it's worth it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmayeux View Post
    Hello, new to this forum.

My daughter is 11 years old and has had tics on and off since she was about 7 years old. The tics took quite a long hiatus in 2011. With very little activity. Before that there were some moderate tics.

This past March she caught a bad cold with bronchitis. Very bad cough. Well, the cold went away, but the cough remained. And it was so bad that she would cough loudly about 2 times per minute. All day. We finally concluded that it wasn't a long lasting infection/cold/virus. But that she had developed a habit cough/tic from her cold.

I mean it was very disruptive to all around her. Us, at school etc... Finally I just told her to try to take a deep breath every time she felt the need to cough.

Well guess what, that was a mistake because then she developed a new tic that had her taking a really deep breath/sigh.

So, my wife and I am at our wits end here. So, I finally looked up on the internet on some possible homeopathic remedies.

My plan of attack was to first try for a month to give her magnesium and B-complex vitamins every morning. And if that didn't do it. Add the tic tamer homeopathic drops to the regimine. I didn't want to try too much at once. Because, I wanted to see both of those affects seperately. I bought both the supplements and the tic tamer.

Well she has been taking the Magnesium and B-complex supplements since this past thursday 5/10. And, believe it or not, they are working well. Her cough frequency has been reduced to almost no cough at all. And the breathing/sigh tic is almost gone as well.

I really am totally shocked this strategy worked. For now the tic tamer will have to sit on the shelf for another day. I am really being cautiously optimistic for now. Because I really cannot believe such a simple solution would work for a supposedly complex health issue.

Just thought I would share.