Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: September 2012 Ottawa Chapter Meeting

Default September 2012 Ottawa Chapter Meeting

Tuesday, September 11 - Dr. Asif Doja from CHEO will give a presentation on the science of tics and Tourette Syndrome. Come find out why the brain makes the body tic.

All meetings are held at in Room 1424, Royal Ottawa Hospital, 1145 Carling Avenue. All meetings are free and everyone is welcome.

Default Re: September 2012 Ottawa Chapter Meeting

What time?

Royal Ottawa Hospital, from 7:30 9:00pm

Room 1424, Royal Ottawa Hospital, 1145 Carling Avenue

More Info HERE, The Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada, Ottawa Chapter.

Thank you David, for noticing my oversight!..

I know I plan to be there!

The meeting was an outstanding learning opportunity thanks to the personable guest speaker, Dr. Asif Doja, neurologist at the Childrens' Hospital in Ottawa (CHEO).

Dr. Doja explained the neurological mechanism of tics in a way that was understood by all in attendance, providing insights into how Tourette Syndrome affects us physically, mentally and emotionally.

The role of medications was discussed, as well as the impact of genetics the role of Cognitive Therapy as a treatment option, and the question of PANDAS with regard to Tourette.

Everyone in attendance seemed to come away with a better understanding of Tourette Syndrome, available treatment options and support opportunities.

Thanks to Jill Bobula, president of the TSFC Ottawa Chapter for inviting Dr. Doja and for moderating the meeting and to all who attended and participated.