Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Experience with risperidone?

Default Experience with risperidone?

I have an 8 year old with significant rages that have become violent. I have read all about the possible side effects of risperidone -- wondering what others experiences have been like as I am hesitant to start the medication.

Default Re: Experience with risperidone?

Where are you reading the information about side-effects? I know it can be alarming but even common medications like aspirin have a very long list of potential side-effects and that list is meaningless without looking at (a) incidence rates and (b) reported side-effects in placebo control subjects.

See my 2006 article, Making sense of medication side-effects, for more information.

My son is 15 and started taking it just over 2 weeks ago and so far he has no real side effects...he had one day where he was sick but not sure if it was the meds or a flu. So far so good.

My son has been on risperidone for some time now. The only thing he didn't like at the beginning was that he had gained some weight. We had tried another medication which didn't work out for him. He is now back on risperidone and no weight gain this time.

Quote Originally Posted by adn View Post
    I have an 8 year old with significant rages that have become violent. I have read all about the possible side effects of risperidone -- wondering what others experiences have been like as I am hesitant to start the medication.
    My daughter has been on Risperidone for some time now and we have seen nothing but positive results.