Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: My son has TS, and I am noticing hypersensitivity behaviours

Default My son has TS, and I am noticing hypersensitivity behaviours

Hi there

my son just turned 6 a while back my so callled friend Rosemary aka Rose posted on here that her friend (me) had a son who was rude and disrespectful to adults, and that i blamed it all on his Ts... I would like to announce that since she has not been in my life, he has not once told another one of my friends that "i dont like you" i am convinced that although he does have ts he genuinly did not like her, as she ignored him every time she came over she would ignore him ,and center him out for everything, she did not have any interactions with children. so of course my son with his ocd, and Ts, came off as rude to her especially when he would swear at her...

My son for the record was not rude to adults, it seemed it was only her he would react to...

Since then, we have noticed that tags bother him. he will not clean himself after he goes to the washroom, certain foods cannot be seen as he is grossed out. His clothes bother him, his ties have to be a certain way...

Anywayse I have not been able to find her post signed Rose but I wanted to clarify that as his parent I did not pass off his behaviour as an exscuse for his Ts.

We have been doing a lot of research on all of the possibilites, and he has been formally diagnosed with Ts. I am however waiting before I try the meds... It has been a challange, and a daily struggle, but he is the most amazing kid.and one of the most loving kids I know.

I have eliminated friends like Rose who refuse to see that their actions and lack of understanding can trigger a reaction, and that becuase a child of 5 saying i dont like you does not mean he is rude and disrepectful.

It his a child learning to communicate. i tried to explain that he may not mean that he does not like her, but he does in fact like her, but does not like soemthing she is doing.

I wanted to do this before but as you all may know, life can get overwhelming...

Default Re: My son has TS, and I am noticing hypersensitivity behaviours

Donnar,

Identities of our members are anonymous, and no one is permitted to post information that would identify themselves nor anyone else's situation they may wish to discuss.

It is not unusual for people to come here for information or clarification about Tourette Syndrome on behalf of a third party, so there should be no concern about making connections.

Now, with regard to your son, is he currently receiving any form of therapy to help deal with his issues?

Have you been in contact with a local support group to learn about resources in your area?

i only used the name she used on this forum. I believe if you are going to slam someones child you should give all the information.. By saying my son is rude and disrespectful she should have said that , he tell her he does not like her... also she should have also said that he get disaplined for his behaviours. I wanted to let people know that what was said was not my son at all, and as his parent I have the right to defend this. she made it clear to all of our friends who might have seen this who it was about...she made it public to friends that she posted, i do not mean to come off as childish,n however it is very disturbing the leghths people go to , to try and prove someone wrong, especially in areas they are most ignorant to... My son is seeking helo through Rock, and the school is awsome... we will not stop until he is as confortable as he can possibly be in his skin, especially with people who are so closed off.. like i said as his parent i am removing poeple from his life that are negative. he will have a hard enough time with strangers in his life not undertanding and judging him, but i expect that the people in our lives learn as much as possible, and do not pass judgement on him, or us.. we are learning at the same time///

I believe if you are going to slam someones child you should give all the information.
    Yes, but we don't know who you are, and we didn't know who Rosemary is or was and no one could have ever made a connection between you and Rosemary, because of Forum anonymity, so no judgments could have possibly been made.

That being said, your concern has been expressed, and understood.

Our present concern is to provide you any help or support you may require for your son, so let's focus on looking forward.

How can we be of service to you?

I remember that post. Your knowledge of the post is amazingly accurate. I'm glad you posted your side of the story
    I think everyone still has anonymity. So don't worry about that.

Did that person Rose or Rosemary whoever have unsupervised access to your son? I just wonder if he didn't like her for other reasons? That's probably my OCD paranoia. Normally a child that has been mistreated will be shy and scared around the person who has done the abuse.

Also, you mentioned your son doesn't feel comfortable in certain clothes. I would start using a natural detergent for clothes and body washing. If you can't find anything like 7th generation, you can use distilled white vinegar 1cup for large load to clean and degrease and 1/4cup baking soda to soften in the rinse. Do not use bleach on anything that will touch him (towels etc.) The same thing with his body bathing products. Even baby shampoos have phalates which are known to be harmful. We use natural shampoos like Natures Gate. I think it makes a huge difference to reduce the chemicals in your life. I would also recommend 100% cotton clothing and wash in warm water before wearing.

If you feel good there is less stress and anxiety.