Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A book on helping children with Anxiety

Default A book on helping children with Anxiety

Hi everyone,
    I saw this book today, September 17, 2013.
    At the moment it is a free download on Amazon for Kindle.

I'm not endorsing this book, I have not read this book. However, I did have a quick look and it is aimed at children who are very young.
    However, it looks like it might be a resource for parents of children with anxiety issues (very common with TS+).
    You don't have to own a Kindle to read this, I use the free Kindle App on my smartphone.

If you are interested, please have a look and let us know your thoughts on if this book was useful or not.
    Cheers!
    Tina

The Most Unique Anxiety Relief Workbook for Your Child in the Universe [Kindle Edition]
    Renee Jain (Author), Nikki Abramowitz (Illustrator)

GoZen! is a fully-animated, online anxiety relief program for kids. Used in therapist offices nationwide, this anxiety relief program is now available as a fun and engaging illustrated workbook.

What we know is that children suffering from chronic worry are more susceptible to life-long struggles with anxiety related disorders. What we also know is that there are practical, powerful techniques children can learn to reduce worry and manage stress. The GoZen! program offers research-based, one-of-a-kind tools to teach your child how to do just that. In this story-based workbook, your child will take an adventure with characters from all over the universe to learn practical tools they can implement right now to start overcoming their worry. Free, downloadable practice exercises are also included.

The Go! Brand is a prestigious Parent Tested, Parent Approved award winner.
    Last edited by Tina; September 17, 2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Tina, Forum Moderator, TSFC Staff Liaison

TSFC Homepage
    TSFC Membership

Default Re: A book on helping children with Anxiety

Thanks for this post. I see you posted this a year ago - I was wondering if anyone has had any success with it? With all due respect to some of the postings in the anxiety section, most TS+ anxiety sufferers are well beyond most of the basic techniques offered via psychologists. I was hoping that this book might be a viable non-medication option.