Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: In Ottawa need help....

Default In Ottawa need help....

Hi, I am the very proud mother of Sean who is 11 years old and has Tourette. Along with his tics he has some minor OCD, anxiety , social issues and other issues. I am looking for advice on how to get help with some issues he is having. Also looking for anyone that also has Tourette that he could maybe talk to specially someone younger he could relate to as i feel he feels so alone.

Default Re: In Ottawa need help....

Hi narice,
    I am the mom of a 13 year old girl with TS. It is so hard when our kids think they are alone. I know having friend of the family who has TS really helped all of us. Not sure if you have seen it but I took a look on the TS Canada website and found this information. They might be able to help you locate someone close by.
    Ottawa Chapter
    386-900 Greenbank Rd.
    Nepean, Ontario K2J 4P6
    Phone: (613) 823-1471
    Fax: (613) 825-7758
    Email: info@tsottawa.com

We are in Peterborough... so not close but here online. I am still new to all this but realize talking with others is important.
    Take care,
    C

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for joining us, Narice. Sorry for the delay and confusion in replies, but there was a temporary gremlin in the Forum software that our technical wizard, Dr. David Baxter resolved.

Thank you Cmac for your help in providing info on the Ottawa Chapter as well!

The Ottawa Chapter of TSFC is most certainly available for providing Sean and you the help and support you might need, with an active youth program and dedicated volunteers.

The venue of the Chapter's monthly meeting changed this year to a more convenient and accessible location in Ottawa. Details HERE

Also the Chapter has a couple of functions for young people to get together and meet others living with their Tourette this Fall. There is a Haloween party as well as a Christmas party in addition to the regular monthly meetings, the second Tuesday of each month.

Your best bet would be to call the Chapter telephone number to contact Jill the Chapter President for precise details. Jill would also be your best contact for local resources.

Is Sean currently being followed by a medical professional who specializes in Tourette Syndrome?

Contact info for TSFC Ottawa Chapter
    386-900 Greenbank Rd.
    Nepean, Ontario K2J 4P6
    Phone: (613) 823-1471
    Fax: (613) 825-7758
    Email: info@tsottawa.com

(the above contact information is for a postoffice box and a voicemail service....messages left will be answered)

Hi Narice,

I'm a fellow Ottawa mom. My daughter has TS Plus and is also 11. I'm trying to get her connected with the youth groups offered by our Ottawa Chapter. She really would like to meet other kids that are dealing with some of the same issues that she faces. I think that would be great for your son as well.

Jen

Hello Jen!

Have you called the Ottawa Chapter phone number? Use the information in Post #3 of this thread.

The Chapter meeting is on the second Tuesday of each month.

How is your daughter dealing with her symptoms? Is she being seen by someone to help manage her symptoms?