Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "Don't Panic" a novel by an author with an anxiety disorder

Default "Don't Panic" a novel by an author with an anxiety disorder

Hi everyone,
    I have not read this book, but noticed it free on Amazon today (October 15, 2013).
    Don't Panic, by Lindsay Paige - a Young Adult Romance
    Tina

Book Description

Samantha Branson is having severe anxiety attacks. Her heart beats unusually fast, her breath quickens and her hands sweat. Every detail screams in her head that she is the center of unwanted attention. Everyone can hear her thoughts, her heart and her breathing. The silence of the classroom is so loud that focus is impossible.

After an attack lands her in the wrong bathroom, Sam meets Eli who offers to provide help. Faced with the return of her possessive ex-boyfriend and the blossoming of a new romance, Sam must find the strength inside herself to face her anxieties head on.

Reviews

"I am blown away that someone as young as Ms. Paige is has been able to write such a powerful novel. I sincerely hope that this book will reach those who are suffering from anxiety and will give them hope that they themselves can find relief." -Rita Knits

“It is based on someone with anxiety and panic attacks and they really help someone understand what someone goes through with that disorder!! ”
    lindylu

From the Author

This book was extremely hard to write as there is definitely a personal element tucked inside. I myself suffer from anxiety and it used to be as horrible as Samantha's is in Don't Panic. My hope for this book is that it shows other teens who are experiencing some sort of an anxiety disorder that they are not alone in this. I felt terribly alone during those months back in 2011. I also want others to know that there is hope. Things get better.
    Last edited by Tina; October 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM.
    Tina, Forum Moderator, TSFC Staff Liaison

TSFC Homepage
    TSFC Membership

Default Re: "Don't Panic" a novel by an author with an anxiety disorder

I think the first line of this novel poses a question faced by anyone living with a neurological disorder:
    "Why is this happening to me?"

The words that follow on this first page simulate an anxiety attack. I feel anxious just reading ...

Do you think the author captured the experience of living with anxiety?
    Tina, Forum Moderator, TSFC Staff Liaison

TSFC Homepage
    TSFC Membership