Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dr. Duncan McKinlay: Medical Update

Exclamation Dr. Duncan McKinlay: Medical Update

Hi everyone,
    I've heard back from Dr. McKinlay. Here's what he would like me to share with you.

"Last fall I received radiation treatment for a cancer in my eye, and I’m just not bouncing back this time. My physical and mental resources are very low, and my symptoms are much much worse (actually, in retrospect the tics started becoming unmanageable around the time the tumour would have started growing)."

He greatly appreciates your concern. I know a lot of you will be worried about him.
    He does not know when he will be returning to CPRI.
    However, The Brake Shop does have an excellent staff and there are other clinicians providing treatments, including CBIT.

I'm sending lots of healing love his way. I'm sure you will join me.
    Get better soon Dunc!
    Tina
    Tina, Forum Moderator, TSFC Staff Liaison

TSFC Homepage
    TSFC Membership

Default Re: hello

Thank you Tina for sharing this important information on a good friend of TSFC, a Canadian Tourette hero, in my estimation and a dedicated advocate for Tourette awareness.

Tina posted this information in response to another post and I felt the information to be so important to the Tourette Community that it should be shared to the entire Forum and given the attention it deserves.

I don't know if there might be a suitable place where people might send wishes of support to Dr. Dunc.

Responses to this thread might be a good start as I know Dr. Dunc frequently checks into our Forum.

Default Re: Dr. Duncan McKinlay: Medical Update

Thanks Steve for making this post a separate thread.
    Please remember everyone that Duncan has taken this leave to recover, rest and recuperate.
    So, if you have a message for him, post it in this thread and he'll take a look when he can.
    Thank you! Tina.
    Tina, Forum Moderator, TSFC Staff Liaison

TSFC Homepage
    TSFC Membership

Thanks for the heads-up Tina! Hope Duncan is feeling better soon

Okay, Duncan, I did not know what you've been going through, and am so sorry to hear that you're having trouble bouncing back. But I also remember the young man I co-taught with back in the early 1990's, and I remember your determination, sense of humor, and amazing ability to deal with what life had dealt you. I have faith that you will dig deep, find your strength and will, and will come out the other end of this with even greater strength and appreciation for your amazing spirit.

Best,

Leslie

Julie, Nathan and I are all wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery Dunc. From Oakville Ken.