Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CBIT Webinars: View Here (Free)

Lightbulb CBIT Webinars: View Here (Free)

TSA (U.S.)WEBINAR
    Tic Management 101 for Parents: A CBIT Perspective

Presented by Douglas W. Woods, Ph.D.,
    Dean of the Graduate School
    Professor of Psychology
    Marquette University

TAA Source for this webinar video

TAA CBIT Q&A

PDF Slides for this presentation are attached to this post for download / viewing / printing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: CBIT Webinar

Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention For Tics - CBIT
    Tourette Association of America
    Published on Nov 15, 2016

This presentation is a 101 guide for parents regarding Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention For Tics (CBIT) a behavioral approach to managing and reducing tics.

This presentation will explore:
    • A brief overview of CBIT and how it works
    • Expected outcomes for those who have done CBIT
    • What you can do to support a family member or loved one who is using CBIT

himle-michael.jpg
    Presenter: Michael B. Himle, PhD earned his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 2007. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Utah. He is an expert in behavioral approaches for understanding and treating behavioral disorders of childhood, with emphasis on tic disorders and associated conditions. He is active in researching environmental factors and behavioral processes involved in the onset and course of these conditions and translating this information into more effective non-pharmacological treatments.

This free webinar is hosted by the Tourette Health and Education Program, in partnership with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Funding for this conference was made possible in part by the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does the mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.

Default Re: CBIT Webinars: View Here (Free)

My son is quite good at re-engineering his movement tics so that they are less bothersome for him. His "tics of the mind" (OCD symptoms) are more impairing than his tics. He's been working with a therapist who has some training in treating OCD in children, using Exposure and Response Prevention. I have been closely involved, helping re-map the current symptom list from time to time, helping structure the home exercises, and acting as parent coach during many of the homework sessions.

Some of his symptoms are hard to structure exercises around. Therefore, I would like to learn more about ERP. That's what I personally would benefit from learning more about.

So, if anyone has any resources to share about ERP, I would be very interested.

Default Re: CBIT Webinars: View Here (Free)

Discussion regarding professional CBIT training for qualified medical practitioners has been moved to: Professional CBIT Training