Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Ericksonian Hypnosis and Tourette's

Cool Ericksonian Hypnosis and Tourette's

Hey guys,

I'm Kace Colder. I have a complex case of coprolalia. I have a long history (been kicked out of stores, I was even sued by my own local hospital for an event precipitated by the Tourette's).

I wasn't sure what to do. Then I stumbled upon hypnosis.

I thought, "What the heck, let's try this."

I've been using Ericksonian Hypnosis ever since. I can get myself in a trance sufficient enough to stop the tics within 2-3 minutes. The tics will then be delayed for at least 36 hours after the session.

To journal my experiences with Ericksonian Hypnosis and Tourette's, I created a YouTube Channel. I also made a website that describes all the practical applications for hypnosis. Like everything in life, I grew extremely obsessed with learning everything I could about Ericksonian Hypnosis.

Let me be clear here: I don't do scripts, or tapes . I've never done scripts, or tapes. Thst would be boring, and defeat the purpose of making hypnosis an enjoyable and adaptable experience.

In Ericksonian Hypnosis, we adapt to our own unique physiology, and our own unique minds.

I also had an extreme case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Y-BOCS= 33).

Now, I have a Y-BOCS of 0, and I can shut off the Tourette's on demand (if I have 3 minutes to spare).

I've appeared in newspapers across western Canada, including The Province (BC), The Vancouver Sun, The Times Colonist and the Calgary Herald.

All I can tell you guys is 'experiment, experiment, experiment'. I wouldn't have ever imagined something like hypnosis would be the golden key towards my quest for stability.
    Last edited by Steve; September 18, 2016 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Link Added

Default Re: Ericksonian Hypnosis and Tourette's

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing your experience.

Are you working with a medical professional who is guiding your treatment?

Yes, I have a psychiatrist and a case manager, but our meetings are pretty short now because I feel in top mental condition. The case manager still likes to check in, though.

Well done Kace, just shows that there is no one answer that fits every one person. Keep up the good work on yourself. Cheers!

Kace, can you tell us more about it? For example, how did you find the hypnotist, what is the approach like, how did you take over with self-care? I took my son for half a dozen sessions of garden variety hypnosis, and it seemed helpful at first, but then he reached a plateau pretty quickly.

I am in the U.S., so health insurance coverage is important to me. I had to pay out of pocket for hypnosis.

I am glad to say that we have not noticed the plateau problem with his current treatment approach, Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP). We chose that because for him, the OCD was more impairing than the tics.

Sorry for the delay.

I know OCD can be extremely distressing and I wish the best for your son.

I taught myself Ericksonian Hypnosis, and because I was an excellent trance subject, I learned very quickly.
    I started by learning 'hypnotic language'. The beauty of Erickson's work are the language patterns and devices he uses when pacing and leading his client's experience. The process involves pacing and distract the dominant hemisphere, then access the functions of the non-dominant hemisphere.

For example, I will start with some Ericksonian language patterns, then activate what hypnotists call 'the visual representational system'. I loved 'The Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H Erickson' by Richard Bandler and John Grinder. It's a very deep text, and thus, uses a lot of complex hypnotic terms, so it's not for everyone.

Please, don't hesitate if you have any more questions. OCD is a really tough burden to carry, and I hope he will be able to find some relief.