Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Disappearing Posts

Default Disappearing Posts

I apologize. I think I posted this question previously, and was told how to fix my settings, but I'm having trouble finding that post. I will ask about searching, too, but first, and most importantly:

1. I have had the experience that I spend some time writing a thoughtful reply, not necessarily very long, but apparently it took me too long to write. I probably had some interruptions along the way, too. At any rate, when I hit "submit," I was asked whether I really wanted to leave the page. I don't remember what I said, but I ended up with the message "Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired." Once I couldn't get the draft back and had to start from scratch. Once I got it back with lots of <br><br> and &nbsp;. I have now taken to copying the whole contents of the edit box into my clipboard before attempting to hit "submit."

I vaguely remember describing this problem several years ago and being guided to a change of settings.

2. How do I display every post I've ever made, in chronological order?

Thank you.

Default Re: Disappearing Posts

I am not sure about the expiring token though I have seen that message and can't recall the circumstances. Maybe David can help when he sees this.

The Forum software does have an auto save feature however...please see Forum Auto Save Feature

How do I display every post I've ever made, in chronological order?
    profile.jpg
    Go to My Profile (Top right of the Forum page | Find Latest Posts or Find Latest Posted Threads

The expiring token usually means you've been logged out.

If you click "Remember Me" when you log in, that won't happen. If you're worried about privacy, just remember to manually log off when you're finished to remove your cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by aparente001 View Post
    2. How do I display every post I've ever made, in chronological order?
    Steve's response will work only for the most recent posts from newest to oldest.

To get a list of ALL posts in the order of your choice, do this...

At the top right of the forum, in the navigation bar, you'll see the search textbox. Click on Advanced Search below that and you'll see something like the following (I've filled this in on another forum and set it to find me posts in order of date posted, ascending, meaning from oldest to newest):

2016-11-27_11-35-06.jpg

Then submit that form and you'll see something like this:

2016-11-27_11-35-53.jpg

For #1, I will try your "remember me" idea, but I'm not sure this is what was wrong. I'm pretty sure I checked "remember me" before. I thought it was something in the settings, perhaps some sort of autosave?

For #2, the search, I tried your idea, but it's not working very well for me. I think it's only giving me recent posts. Also, it displayed 8 out of 10. I couldn't see any way of getting the other two.

New question -- #3: I would like to display a signature on all my posts, with my son's age and diagnoses. Is there any easy way to do that?

I would like to display a signature on all my posts
    Instead of Profile (Upper right) select "Settings" | Edit Signature

In the Settings menu you will find many other customizations, including the place where you can upload an avatar (photo or image that will appear in each of your posts).