Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Forum Converted to Secure SSL/TSL Connection

Default Forum Converted to Secure SSL/TSL Connection

I have converted the forum to SSL/TLS, the https:// protocol.

If you look at your browser bar now when you are browsing or posting on the forum, you should now see the little padlock indicating that you have a secure (encrypted) browser connection protecting what you are sending to the site, including passwords and posts.

On some pages, you may seen a little yellow caution icon superimposed on the secure padlock icon. This is a result of what is called "mixed secure/insecure" content on the page and is usually the result of images loading from a regular http:// (non-secure) connection. For example, I am seeing this currently on the Post New Thread page because of some of the smilies that are displayed to the right.

These will be fixed as I find them and get time to fix the links. They are nothing to worry about but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like that. :o

Apart from that if you find anything that doesn't seem to be working the way it should, as always please let me know in this thread.

Default Re: Forum Converted to Secure SSL/TSL Connection

Thanks for the great behind the scenes support work you provide for our Forum, David. This Forum could not exist without the work you have done for the past 15+ years.

They are nothing to worry about but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like that. :o
    I know what you mean..I can's stand anything that isn't puurfict....

Thank you, my friend!

Steve

Default Re: Forum Converted to Secure SSL/TSL Connection

Thanks, Steve. It certainly wouldn't exist without you.